Did you know that the United Way Fund has brought in $1,184,892 for more than 50 United Ways across the state of Michigan?
When you check off the “United Way Fund” on your Michigan State Income Tax, you’re ensuring that families in your community have access to a better education, become healthier and stay financially stable AND that your community receives 100% of every dollar that is donated through the Tax Check Off. Use the “Voluntary Contributions Schedule” – Form 4642 – to make your donation before April 15!
In just one year, donations made through the Tax Check Off helped provide:
- 728 full course meals−United Way of Wexford and Missaukee Counties
- 2,334 home delivered meals to seniors−Heart of West Michigan United Way
- 560 individuals with clothing−United Way of Genesee
- 321 meals−United Way of the Eastern Upper Peninsula
- 873 women in a women’s shelter received assistance finding a home−Greater Huron County United Way
- 45 school-age youth and families with basic needs resource−United Way of Washtenaw County
- 6 household with food vouchers−United Way of Marquette County
- 15 families with winter clothes−Plymouth Community United Way
This is only a small glimpse of what these dollars do in their respective communities.
If you’d like to donate all or part or your income tax refund to the United Way that serves your county, be sure to ask your tax preparer about the United Way Fund or use Form 4642 to make your contribution today.
No donation is too small and every donation goes towards the greater good to ensure that families in your community have access, not only to basic needs, but to a better education, better health and financial stability.