The Michigan State AFL-CIO Community Services School, co-sponsored by the Michigan Association of United Ways, will be held beginning on SUNDAY, April 13 and conclude on THURSDAY, April 17, 2014 at the Walter and May Reuther UAW Family Education Center, located in Onaway , MI. This year’s program will feature the following classroom instruction as part of the overall agenda;
- United Way Impact Areas; Education, Health, Income
- Communicating with Media
- AmeriCorps Veterans Insurance Program
- Organizing in your Community
- Basic & Advanced Community Services Committee Member Training
In addition there will be general Sessions focusing on;
- Poverty Simulation
- Young Worker Engagement
- National AFL-CIO Sec/Treasurer Liz Schuler (invited)
The registration fee of $495 covers lodging, meals and all classroom materials. To receive the early registration fee please register by March 10, 2014. Registrations received after March 10 are subject to an additional $50 late registration fee.
You can register for this great event here.